4.10.2011

Elder Retreat 2011

This year I had the privilege of going back to the North Shore on our annual Elder Retreat for my church. I think this was my 8th retreat....4 as a Vision Board member and the first four from when I was on staff for youth and family ministries. It was BY FAR my FAVORITE retreat. Not just saying that cuz I was part of the planning team <wink> cuz I have planned them before. This was NOT a working retreat (which 6 of them have been), but a time for the leaders of the church to go to the "mountain top" and be in the presence of the Lord. And you know what...more "work" and more "vision" will come from this trip because of the time we spent WITH the Lord seeking HIM! We also had a ton of joy and laughter...unity is stronger than ever and I know that God's hand is upon our church. We are not taking that for granted and our speaker was INCREDIBLE in reminding us what we have and how to move forward seeking God's direction. He is originally from Ethiopia which stirs my heart for the Hosanna, Ethiopia mission that our church has started and I just love his anointing for equipping leaders. SO much more to say...I had a personal word from the Lord through Gemechis that blessed me in ways I am still processing! 

Here are some fun pictures: 

Our Lead Pastor Bill and our good friend, Kingdom Expansion Pastor Tim

 Our churches AMAZING worship leader, Chris. Wow...what a blessing to have him lead us in worship on the retreat. 
 To be able to worship at the lake this year was a desire of my heart. Lake Superior is still really cold this time of year and the weather is not always very nice. This year...while it was chilly, the sun was shining down on us and we were able to! It was such a gift to me! 


Love my VB friend, Jennifer


Gemechis...what a blessing this man of God is!


BEAUTIFUL scenery!



We had a golf theme to go along with what the Lord had showed us for the retreat. Fun and symbolic to have Pastor Bill "Tee it Up!"
This is the Vision Board...wish we would have taken a group picture with the Lead Pastor's Team too.
This is such a fun group! Part of the reason I love our church is the leadership team knows how to laugh and have a good time!
While I literally got a stone to always remember this moment with the Lord, I also took a picture. God met me in a powerful way by the lake on our personal free time. As I was seeking direction and vision for orphan ministry, I looked down at my bag and noticed the 3 words within "147"...Feed, Water, Meds. It was a moment that words can't explain.



While being away was so refreshing and wonderful, coming home to my boys and this adorable little girl was the best!! :)

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a great retreat. Hope you all are doing well.
    Many blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Jenny! very powerful...thanks for sharing. Thanks, too, for being a vessel used by God. I'm proud to call you a sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete