1.15.2011

Bridges

Welcome to my NEW BLOG! We are in a new season as a family and I decided to mark it with a new blog/theme! 

Why "Bridges"?
This is a picture Sam drew in Jan. of 2009 that we sent to all our adoption supporters.

One of the things I have realized as I look back to the summer of 2008 when our adoption journey began, was how the Lord was speaking to me through bridges. Our picture when we started our adoption journey of faith was of a bridge that wasn't built YET! We knew it was going to be built by FAITH (Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see). We had to take the first step and as soon as we stepped out God built the bridge under each step! Although we would have loved to see how and when, it was the walk of faith that built our faith and our trust in the Lord. There is nothing quite like stepping out in a dream that YOU CAN'T DO and ONLY GOD CAN! Then God gets ALL the GLORY, HONOR and PRAISE for OUR FAMILY:
 This was taken at the orphanage right after they placed Abby in our arms!
August 5, 2010-Our Family UNITED by God and the bridge to India was complete

OR at least ONE was!

I don't think one can possibly go to an orphanage and not leave your heart with all the kids. I have such a vivid memory of holding Abby in our arms, knowing she was going HOME to a family while the rest of them looked up at me with such big eyes! 



I could hardly sleep that night and just cried. Don't get me wrong...I was so grateful for God calling us to Abby and the one that HE placed in our family. BUT...there are so many more orphans...kids without a mom and dad that are longing for family. My answer..."Lord continue to use Our Family to speak about the miracle of adoption." With cute little Abby on my hip...I have tons of open doors for talking about adoption!!! :)

Unfortunately, adoption is not going to be the answer for all the orphans in this world...you've heard the stats...147 million! There are more bridges to be built to orphans!!! This picture is now my "life map" as there are so many ministry opportunities that are so good. However, my "filter" if you will, is now orphan and adoption ministry. 

So, I leave this first post on my new blog with my simple prayer, "Lord, please use Our Family to build bridges to orphans!" Amen!


2 comments:

  1. I love the new name and design!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blog is gorgeous!!!!! I need a blog makeover. ;) I can tell that Abby is a joy and full of personality!

    ReplyDelete