1.29.2011

Trust and Faithfulness

I just had to record another God provision. January has been a challenging month financially and I have been fighting fear at times. Hate that I do that! In those moments, I was looking at the "reality" of mounting medical bills, etc. and the circumstances. God has been speaking to me so clearly about just keeping my eyes on him and trusting him with ALL. Trust...Prov. 3:5-6...lean not on my own understanding but in all my ways ackowledge him and he will set my path straight. God is so good to speak through praying friends. Look at this email I got on Jan. 13 when I was starting to worry:


I saw you standing, looking at a calendar with anxiety on your face. God wants you to remember to "live in the moment. This is God's economy. All things in the world belong to him.
How are you today? Are your needs being met? Do not worry about tomorrow,
because tomorrow will take care of itself. Rejoice and praise me for today.
Trust me for tomorrow." 


That word was JUST what I needed and I have had such peace ever since while remaining steadfast with my eyes on Jesus. I have been praying things like... I know you did not call us to this adoption to have the medical bills eat us up. Lord...she needs speech therapy and the insurance is saying they don't cover it...please fight the battle for us.....etc. (our dr. is writing an appeal and I am praying for favor for that).


Wasn't sure how, but I know that is why it's called faith. Learned that so much through the adoption process!!! He is always so faithful! So today, Scott comes in from getting the mail and says, "Look at this Jenny...what good timing this is!" There is a REFUND FROM OUR ESCROW that made my jaw drop and my lips PRAISE! Thank you God!!!! 


I pray this testimony of provision in for you too! God is faithful to provide as we step out into His Kingdom and do the work He sets before us. "Seek first the kingdom...." This famous statement of Jesus tells us where our ultimate priority should lie: in service to God. Instead of worrying about all of the myriad problems that face us from day to day, we ought to simply commit to God--and He promises to provide for us. When we put God at the center of our lives and direct everything we do toward His service, He rewards us with all of the other things we need.



Matthew 6:33

33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny I love the new blog alot! Your family is absolutely gorgeous! Kiss little Abby 10 time for me!

    ReplyDelete