2.01.2011

Treating myself to a ReTREAT!

3 more days and I'll be heading to Georgia for the weekend (thanks to India frequent flyer miles...my 1st free ticket. I am such a big girl now! HA )...by myself, to meet other blog friends who share my passion for adoption and orphan care. My husband has no idea what he is sending me to....hanging out with these women just could be dangerous...LOL!  It's called "Created for Care". So many of the women used the same adoption agency we did, All God's Children Intl. and were amazing support to me during our long wait. So excited to meet them in person! The social butterfly in me can't wait for all the speakers, PJ party, etc. BUT there is a part of me that is also excited for THIS:
MY VERY OWN KING SIZE BED!
Doesn't this place look gorgeous!
 OH how I hope the weather is nice!!! It has to be nicer than tonight's -20 to -30 degree windchill!!!!
On Sat. while I am at this retreat, it will be the 6 month anniversary of Abby being home! Normally, I would never think of going off for the weekend and flying somewhere by myself but this whole passion for orphans has made me different in many ways! This was an opportunity I just knew I couldn't miss and felt the Lord's hand upon it. We'll see what HE has in store. I know Scott, the boys and Abby will be blessed with their time too (I will miss them tho!!!). I am looking forward to getting my "bucket refilled"(loved Andrea's blog post...the woman who has pulled this off) and the fellowship with these ladies!!! Hey, it's the South...I am sure I'll get a taste of some Good Ole' Southern Hospitality! :) 

2 comments:

  1. YAY! I am having a really hard time with the thought of leaving my family. They haven't been away from me since Ethiopia (18 months ago) and the girls have never been away from me...gulp. I know they will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how insanely jealous I am.......SERIOUSLY!!!!! JEALOUS!!!! But I will be praying for you all that God just takes over and BLESSES ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't come......you will have to check my blog to find out why on Saturday...not that you will because you will be too busy having fun, but oh how I truly wish I could go........ :(

    ReplyDelete