2.05.2011

Created to Care

This adoptive mommas retreat has been amazing! The speakers are not only knowledgeable, they are anointed and Spirit-filled believers that are really pouring into to us. Since I don't have a lot of time, I do want to list some of the things that have struck me:

-P.Y.D.= Pray Your Dream (Ask God to do the miracles....like providing $ for adoption!)

-The need is great, but it must be accompanied by the call (according to scripture, as believers we are all called to the orphans BUT the response looks different for everyone). Adoption is the BEST BLESSING EVER...but there have been many struggles that I was able to pray through because of the call to adopt by God and the trust that He is able to move that mountain.

-It's about the GENERATIONS who will be changed for the Lord as we adopt these children and raise them in the knowledge and love of the Lord. Mark 10:29-receive 100 fold blessings-claim the promises!

-Matt 19:29- I need to pray through this one...putting it here as a reminder:)

-There's no message without a mess and there's no testimony without a test.

-Pick a verse for each child (involving the kids if they are older) and pray that verse for the child for a year.

-Remain open for God's plan for your family.

-Develop a strong support system. Ask for help.

-Have a quiet time with your kids where they see mom in the word. They can read any books or even put on a Bible DVD.

-Making your relationship with your husband PRIORITY.

-Identify a friend that you can pray for each other's children on a regular basis.

-I can't but God can. When embraced, God's biggest blessing comes.

Okay...out of time. That was just from Friday night! :)

6 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I'm so glad you're having the chance to connect with these women!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it!!! Wishing sooo much that I was there....but praying for you all. Great notes...I will steal and write them down :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hanging out with you this weekend. Taylor was so excited to get Abby's picture.
    Thanks again!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an amazing weekend! Thanks for sharing some of what you learned with us. What a great opportunity to spend time with and learn from people that share your heart's desire.

    April :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun spending time with you this weekend. I feel like I am overflowing with God's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jealous!!! Wish I could join you! :) One of these times...

    Love the new blog. Did you do your own button? I really love the Hosanna one!

    :) Kristi

    ReplyDelete